ISWC 2009 Semantic Web In Use Track/Call for Papers
- The submission system for the Semantic Web In Use track is now closed (2009-06-21)
The submission system is now open for submissions to the Semantic Web In Use track: https://precisionconference.com/~semantic/
- The ISWC2009 Semantic Web In Use track submission deadline has been extended, to remain synchronised with the Research Track submission and reviewing timetable. Please see Important Dates below for updated information.
Semantic Web technologies continue to make the transition from research labs into mainstream adoption. The Semantic Web In Use track at ISWC2009 provides a forum for the community to explore the benefits and challenges of applying Semantic Web technology in real-life applications and contexts, such as industry, science, society, government or entertainment.
Submissions to the Semantic Web In Use track may employ scientific methods (qualitative and/or quantitative) to understand in greater detail the application of Semantic Web technologies, or present novel practical approaches that are relevant to the deployment of Semantic Web technologies but may not otherwise gain an outlet in the ISWC series.
We therefore invite the submission of original, principled papers organised around some of or all of the following aspects:
- Description of concrete problems in specific application domains, for which Semantic Web technologies can provide a solution.
- Description of an implemented application of Semantic Web technologies in a specific domain.
- Assessment of the pros and cons of using Semantic Web technologies to solve a particular business problem or other practical problems in a specific domain.
- Comparison with alternative or competing approaches using conventional or competing technologies.
- Learned best practices for deploying an application based on Semantic Web technologies.
- Assessment of the costs and benefits of the application of Semantic Web Technologies, e.g. time and cost of implementation and deployment, integration with legacy IT systems, user acceptance, returns on investment.
- Assessment/evaluation of usage and uptake of a deployed Semantic Web application.
The Semantic Web In Use track is open to submissions based on a wide-range of hypotheses, methodologies and conclusions. However priority will be given to submissions that demonstrate rigor in the methodology and analysis on which conclusions are based.
Submission of Abstracts and Papers
See Important Dates below for information on the submission and reviewing timetable. Submission of abstracts in advance of the paper submission deadline is preferred but not required.
Paper submissions must be formatted in the style of the Springer Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). For complete details, see Springer’s Author Instructions (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-2-72376-0). Formatted papers must be no longer than 16 pages. Papers that exceed this limit will be rejected without review.
ISWC2009 will not accept papers to the Semantic Web In Use track that, at the time of submission, are under review for or have already been published in or accepted for publication in a journal or another conference.
Authors of accepted papers will be required to provide semantic annotations for the abstract of their submission for the Semantic Web (help will be provided for this task) and submit a version of their paper to a special conference discussion system. Details will be provided on the conference Web page at the time of acceptance. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference.
Authors of papers submitted to the Semantic Web In Use track (whether accepted or not) are encouraged to also consider submitting their work to the ISWC2009 Poster and Demo track, where appropriate. Please note that such submissions must be made separately to In Use track submissions and must adhere strictly to the submission requirements for Posters and Demos.
The submission system is now open at https://precisionconference.com/~semantic/ .
- Submission Deadline: 21 June 2009 (23:59 Hawaii time) (extended)
- Notification of Acceptance: 4 August 2009
- Camera-Ready Paper Deadline: 14 August 2009